Manages all sales and customer service activities on existing customer accounts, opportunities, and prospects within a defined territory, that support an overall territory sales target.
Duties And Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Devise effective territory sales business plans and marketing strategies that support the revenue target.
- Acts as primary point of contact for all customers in the defined territory.
- Facilitate sales calls for assigned sales accounts and meet with customers to address concerns and provide solutions.
- Discover sales opportunities through consumer research and present products and services to prospective customers.
- Participate in industry or promotional events (e.g. trade shows) to cultivate customer relationships, both new and existing.
- Conduct training in sales techniques and company product attributes as needed to new employees or other sales employees.
- Maintain all customer information for territory in CRM.
- As needed, manages any other sales resources (independent sales representatives) that may exist within defined territory.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, 2+ years account management/sales experience.
- Proven track record of increasing sales and revenue; field sales experience is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in working with CRM platforms, ClaritySoft experience a plus.
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven track record of sales presentation skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize workflow within a dynamic environment with enthusiasm.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for periods of time in front of a computer.
- Travel in a car to see customers. Air travel maybe required from time to time.
- Use phone/email/screen-sharing software to communicate to employees, customers, and prospects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job will be a remote position that will require candidate to have a home office.
- Job will require up to 50% travel time to accounts with the other 50% at a computer in a remote office.
Reports to the COO.
Apply for Position