The Business Analyst will work with the Executive Management Team to support strategic planning & analysis. In this newly created role, the team will look to the Business Analyst to help use data to best support and/or guide the strategic business decision process. As the Business Analyst, your responsibilities would include data analysis, reporting, market research, competitive analysis, planning, and sales process optimization.
Duties And Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Reporting and analysis for the Sales and Operations departments, including: executive reporting of sales and marketing results, key metrics and KPIs, and ad hoc strategic analysis.
- Monitors market trends for industry and makes recommendations based upon data and research on new strategies to enter new spaces or optimize current sales channels.
- Works in cross functional teams to understand and optimize current processes by collecting data both from internal and external sources.
- Evaluates new business concepts as proposed by senior leadership to determine feasibility and size of potential opportunity.
- Works closely with Finance Department on completing cost and spend analytics to drive strategic visions or projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, 5+ years analytics experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) and Microsoft SharePoint file management.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to create and manage large data sets and large files.
- Experience in coordination of multiple tasks across a team.
- Experience in working with CRM platforms, ERP systems and/or MRP systems.
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize workflow within a dynamic environment with enthusiasm.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer.
- Provide data input support for sales and customer service.
- Use phone/email to communicate to employees, customers and vendors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job is indoors in a business environment.
- May requirement limited travel.
Reports to the COO.
Apply for Position