Focus Vision Supplements, a Covalent Management brand, is currently looking for an individual interested in working from 25 to 30 hours weekly as a Staff Accountant in the medical nutritional industry and is passionate about creating value, building partnerships, finding innovative solutions and who has a “get it done right” attitude.
Part time, 25-30 hours/week
Duties And Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized financial records, reports and general ledgers; assist in the preparation of forecasts and annual budgets; and perform general bookkeeping.
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable paperwork through Bill.com and QuickBooks
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations for approval, to include Expensify Teams
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Work with internal staff to identify, track, and report on expenditures
- Oversee filing and archiving of invoices, financial documents, and related materials
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in Accounting
- 2-3 years of experience in Corporate Accounting is preferred
- Must be highly skilled in use of computer applications including QuickBooks Online, MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in a customer service environment a plus.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Accuracy - Works with a high degree of attention to detail. Able to create checks and cross checks on own work.
- Confidentiality - Ability to work with sensitive or personal information without disclosing to others.
- Interpersonal skills - Ability to work well with all types of people. Responds to requests in a timely and caring manner.
- Organization - Demonstrates aptitude for planning work so that tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer.
- Use phone/email / Microsoft Teams to communicate to employees, customers and vendors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job is indoors in a business environment.
Apply for Position